Safeguarding children is of paramount importance to us at Hillmorton Primary and is the responsibility of every adult within our school community. If you have any concerns about the welfare of any child in our school, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads.
CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection) is an organisation run by the NCA (National Crime Agency), and is therefore government run. They are tasked with keeping children (and adults) safe while online. As well as offering many resources to educate children in this area, they are also somewhere where safety concerns can be raised if required.
We teach the children in KS2 about this ‘report’ feature (while encouraging them to speak to an adult and complete it together wherever possible) and have included a link to it below so that parents can familiarise themselves with it too. You will also see the link on various social networking and messaging websites.
The Prevent Agenda
Prevent is one of four work strands which make up the government‘s counter-terrorism strategy – CONTEST. The aim of CONTEST is to reduce the risk to the UK and its interests overseas from terrorism.
- Pursue – focuses on detecting, investigating and disrupting terrorist threats to the UK and our interests overseas.
- Protect – aims to reduce the vulnerability of the UK and UK interests overseas to terrorist attack. This includes aviation security for both cargo and passengers.
- Prepare – aims to minimise the impact of any attack, manage any incidence of an ongoing attack and recover quickly and effectively
- Prevent – aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism
As the preventative strand of CONTEST, Prevent will:-
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat faced by the UK from those who promote it
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- Work with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, the internet and health) where there are risks of radicalisation which need to be addressed
As part of Hillmorton Primary School’s ongoing safeguarding and child protection duties we are fully behind the government’s Prevent Strategy. We have an in-house accredited PREVENT Facilitator who is responsible for ensuring that staff receive WRAP training sessions on what Prevent is about and how to deal with any issues they may see inside or outside school.