The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year for the next two years.
Purpose of the funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but we have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Use of the funding at Hillmorton Primary 2016 – 2017:
|Sports Equipment||£1500||Children will have access to a range of high quality sporting equipment for use in lessons to enhance their development.|
|Transport||£1000||Children are able to attend local sporting events.|
|After school sports activities / clubs.||£3100||Children will have access to high quality sports coaches. They will be given the opportunity to broaden their sporting experiences and also participate in inter school competitions.|
|“Real PE” Training||£3755||High quality CPD for all teaching staff. This includes schemes of work, resources and all necessary teaching materials to deliver a high quality skills based curriculum.|
|School Sports Partnership||£1695||
CPD opportunities for teaching staff:
courses, coaches and whole staff training. Competitions and other events for children to attend.